Then he says, "the dinosaur can't move by itself."
"No, it can't"
"It can't open the car and get out."
"Nope. It's just a toy. It can't move."
"And it can't open doors or climb stairs."
"Right."
Getting ready to go swimming the other day, he starts in on this narration of all the things that will not go wrong: "I will not fall into the pool. Mommy will hold my hand. I will not go under the water."
I was discussing this little quirk with Rob the other day, and he said "Haha. He's just like you, Chelsea!"
Ever since then I've been thinking a lot about how much I am like that. And then I started worrying that I did something to make Jasper like that, which just made Rob laugh more at the irony of my worrying that I made Jazz a worrier.
Seriously, though...playing out all the horrible things that could possibly happen given any course of action or circumstance...is exhausting. Hopefully Jazz will outgrow it better than I have.
Don't sweat the small stuff
ReplyDelete