Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Catch Up

I haven't posted here for a month.  So I thought I'd catch up.  Here are the adventures we've had this past month:


  • Gideon turned into a teenager  



  • Serenity convinced us to let her buy a rat.  Her name is Zelda.

  • We had our first ever Clam Bake.  This is what happens when you tell Gavin "you can choose whatever you want for dinner" at the grocery store.  The next week he asked if we could repeat that method of choosing dinner.  He was thinking this time we could try lobster.


  • All three kids had Dental Check-ups.  This is only worth noting because the boys all chose mustaches as their prizes and they made for cute photographs.


  • Gavin lost his first tooth.    






















  • I celebrated my best yet Mother's Day.  Not entirely sure what made it such a good one.  It was a pleasant, mellow day.  Nothing spectacular except, I guess, that I just feel like everyone is...good.  No Mom Guilt marring the day this year.  It was, rather, a day for reflecting on just how happy and blessed I feel right now.  This moment in time is just about perfect.





















    • The boys and I made jam.












    • I was awarded a scholarship for next fall--an award given each year to one English student with an interest in Women's Studies.  Rob and the Big Kids joined me at the GMU English Department Honors Reception where I got a shiny certificate and everything.  Forgot the camera, but it was a lovely evening, worth noting even without photographic evidence.  
    • I also finished my first semester of school and think it is safe to say I got an A, even though grades aren't out yet, because I got A's and A+'s on every single thing I turned in (including extra credit) so I would be awfully surprised by any other grade.  I am so happy to be back in school.
    • The boys and I took a tour of the local fire station with some friends.
      And now you are all caught up on our adventures!  


    No comments:

    Post a Comment