Thursday, July 25, 2013

Things That are Good Tonight

  1. I am 99.99% sure that I got an A on my final test tonight (on Asian Religions.)  I felt really good about it.  And SO PROUD of myself for studying so hard because it was NOT an easy A.

  2. Gideon is really enjoying Algebra camp, unexpectedly so.  His favorite part of the day today was "learning new math stuff.  Because learning new stuff about math is really exciting and interesting."  We clearly have different ideas about exciting and interesting but yay for learning!  Also, on an amusing aside, his least favorite part of the day?  Ice blocking with the church youth group.  It's dangerous and stupid and he pretty much hates being outside because he might get a tick and it is hot and muggy (not especially hot or muggy today, btw)  This kid... he is his own guy.

  3. I am a Cool Mom and agreed to dye Serenity's hair for her today.  She wanted to go red, and I think I did a pretty good bottle job.  She is disappointed because it isn't BRIGHT RED, but I think it turned out really cute and natural looking.  She's angling for a second go to see if it will go brighter.  I'm thinking about it.  Meanwhile, we bought the stuff to put purple highlights in mine, but I am not sure I am brave enough to do that at home.  DSC_1610
    DSC_1617 (as an aside on her, I came home from school to find her editing zits and "bags under her eyes" from old photographs "just because it is fun."  Sigh.  Can we please not be going there yet?  You are pretty just the way you are.  And pretty isn't as important as you think it is anyway.)

  4. The little boys are asleep.  :)  I like them.  They are cute and sweet and I will miss them when they are grown, but they are exhausting.  Oh!  BUT they did have a great day.  They went to a program at the library about dinosaurs and it was wonderful and they got to hold REAL T-Rex tooth and Velociraptor fossils!  Gavin was IN HEAVEN.  And they had fun with friends this morning--we made masks and cookies--and tonight they played in the pool while I made dinner (with Rob supervising from his lawn chair.)  So pretty much the perfect Kid Day.  I feel like a Winner Mom today.  Until I look at the laundry, but we'll just ignore that.
    DSC_1622

2 comments:

  1. I miss you guys! Lets live close together in our next life.

    Love Sera's hair. I would keep it that way.

    ReplyDelete