We took the train downtown. I decided I didn't want to deal with midweek parking and managed to overcome my train insecurities. I figure maybe if I take the kids on the train more often it won't be as nerve wracking for them as it is for me. The truth is that the reality is never as bad as my fantasies--the schedules and fares are actually pretty easy to understand and my children have never once wandered off and fallen onto the tracks. Maybe someday I'll remember to select forward facing seats and discover that my motion sickness isn't so bad either.
In any event, the boys loved the train experience.
The train was incredibly convenient and deposited us right on the Mall. Which necessitated a couple obligatory Mall Photos. Someday I would love to compile all the pics of my kids in these iconic spaces all in one place.
Jasper was quite terrified of the butterflies, but Gavin was in Heaven. To be fair, some of those butterflies are huge and I found myself ducking and cringing as they dive bombed me. Of course, they were only interested in landing on Jazz and me, not Gavin.
We also visited the mummies, the mammals, the ocean exhibits, the Hope Diamond and other gems and rocks and, of course, the DINOSAURS. Gavin was disappointed with the fact that they don't have a Velociraptor but pleased with the presence of real live Scientists.
No comments:
Post a Comment