Serenity is running for Student Body President for next year. She is very excited and doesn't seem to be terribly nervous. These things give me all kinds of vicarious nerves, but she tends to stay very unruffled. She discovered yesterday that her competition is the same kid who ran against her for Historian last year (and won.) I don't know this kid at all, and Serenity holds him no ill will, but I must admit I am starting to think of him as a bit of a Nemesis. (But in a good-natured way. I'm not That Mom. Really.)
She has a solid campaign plan, consisting of vowing to bring back the Talent Show, the running of which actually IS a responsibility of the Student Body President. It was cancelled this year because they couldn't get a PTA Volunteer to oversee it. So I guess if she wins I might find myself overseeing the Talent Show next year. She also plans to spend the next week (the campaign season is exactly five days long) making personal connections with as many students as she possibly can.
I think the whole experience is good for her. Even if it is nerve-wracking for her mama.
Good luck, Kiddo!
No comments:
Post a Comment